Narcissists are constantly on the look out for something or someone outside of themselves to “feel better” – they think they’ll finally be “whole” or “normal” by engaging in get rich quick maneuvers, weight loss gimmicks, rigid regimes, religious fanaticism and other schemes.
- What about our time with a Narcissist? ANSWER – there is no such thing as a connection, a bond, a friendship, a partnership, or a relationship of any kind because there is never a POSITIVE value judgment with a Narcissist as it concerns any other human being on this planet – people are merely living objects for a Narcissist to use, abuse and discard at will. It is a very controlled mechanism in their arsenal of abuse.
- With a Narcissist, you are NEVER an individual with any needs of your own – you are cast as a performer to serve their needs.
- YOU are OK (never doubt this) – the many symptoms of dread, defeat, anxiousness, etc., that you experience in a relationship with a Narcissist are purposely inflicted upon YOU.
- What we desperately need to internalize with this abuse is that we cannot engage in reality with a Narcissist because they lack a conscience, morals, empathy, and emotions – so do not expect to be heard, yet alone find common ground or any sort of closure or an intelligent conversation around critical thinking!
- What do you do when a narcissist is on a verbal attack — disengage, disengage, disengage because they WANT you to react!
Follow Ana on TwitterMy Tweets